What about the quit menuitem in standalone with 2.5?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Sep 5 19:53:08 EDT 2004

On Sep 5, 2004, at 7:03 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> It was freely given and I would hate to see the Rev community reach a
> stage where the professionals had learnt what they needed but were now
> reluctant to pass this on to any beginners or hobbyists.

I'm certainly no advocate of that either. I have no doubt that many
would participate in both groups. I guess I just think that it is more
equitable to those who have made an investment in Rev, that a group of
registered users may be more focused on things relevant to those with
some fundamental level of experience. The Improve list frequently gets
used that way now, but that seems like something of a subversion of its
intent. I think there should be something between the improve list
which is very private, and the Use list which is completely public and
tries to serve every level of experience.

My suggestion was only based on having a lot of experience with busy
lists relating to other (frankly more successful) IDEs. Those other
tools generally have a "getting started" list, and then also a "users"
list or even an "advanced users" list. This also tends to benefit the
newcomers since they don't get intimidated to ask basic questions.

But Revolution and its community and culture is what it is. I'm
certainly not going to change it.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.