[ANN] Inspect without clicking in 2.5? FREE!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 4 14:42:18 EDT 2004

On 9/3/04 11:11 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

>  From the website:
>
> "Chipp Walters told me everyone was REALLY pissed off about not being
> able to inspect using the "hover" method anymore in Rev 2.5. Real palace
> revolt stuff. Anyway, he aroused my passions on the subject. Told me I'd
> become a "star" if I release the Inspector."
>
> Can't say those are my exact words, though Jerry's embellishment doesn't
> change the fact I believe Inspector Gadget really rocks! Constellation
> is really cool too. Stay tuned.

Actually, I think it depends on how you came to Revolution. One of the
biggest complaints when Rev first came out was the hover behavior. Every
other xtalk product uses the click method and anyone who came over from
another platform disliked hover. I know I always was very frustrated
with it and prefer the current change.

However, I don't like that Cmd-Opt-click also sends mouse messages; if
that is the hated behavior Jerry refers to then I agree, and hover is
preferable.

If the Rev team can remove the mouse messages when Cmd-Opt-click occurs,
then for me, that's the ideal behavior.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com