What about the quit menuitem in standalone with 2.5?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Sep 3 19:49:06 EDT 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 5:53 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> I was a hobbyist too (am still, but that's not the point). Now I
> consider myself a pro. Not because I am a better programmer, or
> because I learned so much, but because I can help more often then that
> I need help.

This is true. Many hobbyists become pros, and many pros like to help
out those with less experience. But pros also need to share experience
with each other sometimes, in an environment which is somewhat less
noise to signal ratio... at some point, very generalized lists such as
this one offer little to the pros other than the rewarding opportunity
to help newbies. I am involved in such general lists for other tools,
helping out the new folks, but when the work has to get done, and there
is an advanced question to be asked... well, you don't do it there. It
would get lost among the 18th "how do I put something into a variable?"
question of the day.

Many professional programmers will be put off from Revolution if the
only support list is full of DreamCard hobbyists and complete newbies
doing a seventh grade homework assignment.

Am I also an "elitarist" for believing that my daughter, a university
student, should be in a different classroom than my son in grade 4?

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.