Externals SDK

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Sep 1 19:54:03 EDT 2004

Alex-

AT> Thanks Mark. It might be worth adding some words to the stack to indicate
AT> that that's how it works.

Maybe so. I'll file that away for the next revision.

AT> btw - one other suggestion; the sdk tells me what compiler I can't use -
AT> but never says which one(s) I can use. If the only known option is the MS
AT> compiler, why not just say that. Or if there are others, give a short
AT> list.  (how about gcc ?)

Actually what the sdk says is that if you can create a compatible
library with <place the name of your favorite compiler here> then
you're doing fine. I got tired really quickly of trying out various
open-source compilers (linux gcc works fine) and trying to get them to
conform to simple coding standards ("what do you mean NULL isn't
defined?"). Every compiler I tried under OSX worked fine for me
(ProjectBuilder, XCode, CodeWarrior). If anyone has other compilers
they've used to create external libraries, I'd love to create a list,
but I don't think I'll be putting a lot of work into that myself.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net