Building standalones - followup

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Fri Sep 3 05:29:27 EDT 2004

Greetings

Perhaps everyone already knows these things but they tripped me up
until Monte helped me through them. I thought I would pass them on and
also publicly thank Monte since I publicly complained to him.

1. In OS X, you need to have the .rev extension to save a standalone.

2. In OS X, Saving a standalone with non Rev based externals (like
Valentina) results in unexpected quitting after the standalone is
saved.

3. In OS X, saving a standalone with the mainstack as a palette results
in unexpected quitting after the standalone is saved.

I experienced all three on the same project and it got a little
frustrating. Now at least I can build a standalone and know why it
crashes. I'll leave the fixing to Monte and Tuviah.

Ron