Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Sep 1 17:13:55 EDT 2004

Hi Kevin,

> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:21:38 +0200
> From: Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

> On 1/9/04 5:00 pm, "Fred D Yocum" <fdy at mcc.org> wrote:
>
>> 10 hours enough? With all due respect I think not.
>
> If after spending 10 hours actually in Dreamcard, you are not ready to part
> with $99, I doubt that providing a longer trial is going to help.

But how do you know? Your target audience is probably made up of people who
have never really attempted to work an IDE before, and all of us are at
different levels of experience and abilities with computers in general. If
someone asks for more time to decide, what is the risk of giving it to them,
as opposed to refusing?

Ken N.