Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer" ?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 1 13:07:14 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, at 09:15 AM, Judy Perry wrote:

> The difference is that,  in flight school, the person has a dedicated
> whatever hours of instruction.
>
> With a software download, well, there's the telephone, starting another
> load of laundry, kids beating one another and thus requiring
> intervention...
>
> Judy

Hi Judy,

With flight instruction as well as Dreamcard, I believe that the hours
are actual user time. So
if you keep the Dreamcard engine running on the ramp then  you waist
the hours so to speak. If on the other hand you close Dreamcard when
you are not using it then you get most if not all of those ten hours
each time you restart it.

Unlike Dreamcard when you get to 16 hours in flight instruction
completed if you have not soloed yet the instructor by law is required
to tell you that it would not be advisable that you take up flying and
is required to enter this into his instruction flight logs and your
flight logbook as well.

As far as the laundry, phone, and kids goes... How do you do that? I
need to concentrate when I work at the computer.

Mark