Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer" ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Sep 1 02:06:02 EDT 2004

On 9/1/04 12:50 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Ludovic Thébault wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Why the Dreamcard trial is limited to ten hours ?
>> A newbie need time to discover a language, to discover programming, or
>> simply to discover a new program (especially a "rich" program like Rev).
>
> 10 hours?  Must be a bug.  I've never even heard of a software product
> with such a small window for evaluation, and as you note a proprietary
> programming language will arguably require more time than most other
> types of software.  30 days should be a minimum.

Nope, from the web site:
----
Download Dreamcard and take as long as you want to try it out, up to a limit
of 10 hours of actual usage - click here
----
Note that this is "actual usage" vs. 30 days where you may or may not use it
at all within that time. Still it is odd...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com