sample stacks

Ralph R. Forehand ralf at dol.net
Sat Oct 30 15:42:17 EDT 2004

Judy,

You wrote;
>Are they not freely available via RevOnline?

No, not that I can find? The stacks offered under "Stacks and Applications" have the following blurb;
"Browse the stacks & applications menu, where you'll find all kinds of examples created in Dreamcard and Revolution - "

The stacks I checked are all produced by developers and priced from $15.00 to over $1,000.

Rev's blurb further reads; "some of which (the stacks) you can pull apart to see exactly how they work."

None I checked were unlocked to "take apart and study"!

I'm at a loss as to what prompted Revolution to drop the sample stacks they previously offered???

>If not, making them
>available only via purchase seems to me to be a very grave oversight.

I agree and certainly expected to have some helpful example stacks.

>What exactly are you looking for?

Sample stacks for study illustrating some of the basics. Maybe some info indicating significant differences vs. HyperCard, etc.

> How much of a HyperCard geek are/were
>you?

I've used HyperCard since it first came out (87?) and really liked it. I'm going to Revolution because I can't stay on Mac OS 9.x forever. And I see Revolution has some significant improvements over HyperCard.

I do appreciate your reply and I trust this forum will be a valuable resource.

Thanks Again and TAKE CARE,
Ralph
ralf at dol.net