Reading from file/stdin non-blocked?

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 27 15:28:51 EDT 2004

You're Welcome K,

On Oct 27, 2004, at 14:16, K wrote:

> I will test this in my situtation and post the results.  Thanks!

Please do let me know how it goes.  One thing I would like to point out
in particular:

>   read from file sPath at sPos until return in kTimeoutMS milliseconds

Be sure and keep track of the "at sPos" as I showed in the example.  I
found that without that, the first time it hit end of file, so that
"the result" was "eof", then it got stuck there and would never
acknowledge additional data coming into the file.  This was on the Mac
platform where I did the testing.

By the way, I created a test file as follows:

 From a terminal window I did this:

cat >> junk.txt

Then I could just type in stuff and hit return.  When done you can just
do a ctrl-d to exit the cat command.

--gordy