Using Externals

Tomas Franzén tomas at lightheadsw.com
Wed Oct 27 08:04:46 EDT 2004

Hi,

I wrote to this list a while ago about not getting my own externals to
work in Rev.
Now it seems that I can't get any externals to work, at all!
I think some transparency would be nice, so I decided to try out the
Window external from Blue Mango.

1. I downloaded Window, and placed the DLL in the same directory as my
stack.
2. I set the externals property of my stack to the full path of the DLL
external, Window.dll.
3. Saved and re-opened my stack.
4. The externalfunctions and externalcommands properties are empty!

I also tried setting the defaultFolder and setting the externals
property to "Window.dll", but to no avail.
Also tried the stack available on the Window external homepage... still
empty.

I'm currently using Windows 2000.
I must be missing something here, or is using externals total rocket
science? :-)
Thanks.

Tomas Franzén
Lighthead Software