GeekSpeak Cheat Sheet

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Oct 26 14:32:42 EDT 2004

Alex,

I couldn't agree with you more. As one who has hired many programmers, I
think an understanding of GUI and Human Interface Design definitely
helps persuade me of a candidates potential. I think Judy specifically
states both of these as goals for her course.

Furthermore, teaching 'top-down' design also helps programmers
understand more about interface design along with program work flow--
and we all know, Rev is a 'top-down' type environment.

I hadn't checked on Paul Graham's articles lately and your link reminded
me. He also has a great article about 'Great Hackers' which I think is a
must read for aspiring programmers (Judy, you might take note).

It's at:

http://www.paulgraham.com/gh.html

best,

Chipp