Threads of Execution

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Mon Oct 25 21:02:36 EDT 2004

>I have suggested it many times...
>The network commands work somewhat in a threading manner.
>
>But without that, you must use send "amesg" to x in z seconds...
>
>Cheers
>Xavier

Ok. I was hoping to be able to have something like:

	send "doThisMsg" to this stack in new thread
	put it into threadID

or something along those lines.

Either that or even having the ability for a new window to be opened
and then exist inside its own thread of execution so that we can
message it. That would keep the whole thread metaphor very much in
the background while still being able to think in terms of windows,
cards etc.

That way, I just need to send a message to the window and it runs in
a different thread. You can then use custom properties as a locking
mechanism.

Jesse