long standing bugs....

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 25 19:46:25 EDT 2004

Meitnik at aol.com wrote:
> I am asking publicly to please fix these bugs:

The beta list is already public.  What did you expect the readers here
to do?

> Bug#: 1523
Your report states that the original problem has been fixed.  Along the
way you've found that OS 9 enforces a short file name limit.  It's brave
of Tuv to address that, but if I recall correctly it will only be useful
when running OS 9 under Classic in OS X.  Do I misunderstand the report?

> Bug#: 2085
I couldn't figure out the report, but I'll bet there's a workaround to
tide you over in the meantime if you can describe what you need.  I've
been adding drag-and-drop to a lot of my apps and I haven't yet found
any normal operation it can't do.

> Bug#: 1525
Win95 only; worth doing, but in the meantime will affect less than 2% of
all computer users, and usually less than that for most Rev-based products.

These seem like worthwhile things to get done in good time, but they
shouldn't be show-stoppers while they're outstanding.  If you're
delivering a product you'll really want to spring for XP, as it's very
different from earlier Win OSes and by far the most common OS.  If what
you're building is just for personal use it should be easy enough to
design around these for now.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation