RunRev evangelism (was Re: GeekSpeak Cheat Sheet)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Oct 24 23:12:16 EDT 2004

We could try to put some stuff into rev evangelism on this topic, many
including judy could use this on their classes and everyday talk.

One thing is to show/point them to good enterprize or at least
presentation level apps built with Rev. This is like showing cars then
pointing to the factory and saying "they build that". We should get
more case studies online and explain why Rev was a superiour tool for
the task.

Also judy, I think you can bind them to your classes if you focus on
THE-Enviroment, like showing them how one can adapt it's own enviroment
to suit/automate it's tasks thus gaining productivity. I for example
have Revolution on my startupItens and lot's of apps running inside the
IDE, yes, I never make them into standalone, they suit me in the IDE.
Rev is my html page editor, my scheduler, my programming enviroment, my
ftp browser, my notepad and to some extend my process controller. Since
they are all "sharing" the same enviroment, they can share data, since
I built almost all my tools, I make them aware of each other and data
sharing is a snap. With the aid of RevHTTPd (libNetServices) I am even
able to control my Revolution IDE (just to activate or desactivate some
handlers on stacks) from the net. And there's no way in earth one could
do it on another tool!!!! except for may be lisp/scheme but guis in
lisp sucks (this is personal opnion)

andre
--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004