Styling text.

Ryno Swart swartart at iafrica.com
Fri Oct 22 04:57:52 EDT 2004

The following is a problem I find really difficult and important.

Text styling: In a single field under a group photograph, I wanted to a
simple type styling task; setting the words "Front row" in italics
while keeping the students' names in roman. I can't appear to do that
at all.

I read in the documents that I might be able to "set the htmlText of
[chunk of] field to htmlString", and in so doing get control over my
text-styling.

Only, no matter how I searched, I could find no indication of what is
suggested here, and what on earth I am supposed to do. Adding HTML tags
just have the tags come up in the field. I tried many things but I am
still in the dark.

I suppose that the documentation on this subject may simply presume
some advance knowledge that I lack. I would appreciate any
clarification.

Ryno.