Sound and Music -- Audio in Rev

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Oct 19 15:32:03 EDT 2004

Hi Richard,

> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:53:24 -0700
> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: Re:  Thread With No Name

>> What are the chances of giving this thread a real name?
>
> I did my best with the improv above, but it's been so long since this
> thread had a name I haven't a clue what it was born as.

How about my attempt?  ;-)

Has anyone tried to get Rev to work with Jon Adam's (actually written
by Nigel Redmond) QuickNotes external for the Mac (requires QT)?

If someone could write a similar DLL for, at least, Windows, we'd be in
business.

The problem I experience with notation stuff like ShakoBox (which is
very cool, but...) is that it doesn't react to buttons fast enough.

Try building an onscreen piano keyboard and make it play notes and
chords in realtime, on, say, a 500mHz machine. I can do this quite
easily on a Mac using the QuickNotes external in SuperCard. I'd be
happy to send any SC users any of the ones I have or am working on.
Maybe someone can figure out how to make it work in Windows under Rev.

;-)
Ken N.