Rev CGI + database library - HELP Please

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 14:27:05 EDT 2004

--- jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have Rev 2.1.2 cgi running OK on a
> Linux server.
> Now I want to send requests to postgreSQL
> (which is installed and running too).
> I have downloaded the dbpostgresql.so driver
> included in the 2.1.2 distrib. and have set
> permissions to 777.
>
> But now, when I want to set the path of this
> driver in my cgi script with
> revSetDatabaseDriverPath,
> I get error 500.
> I guess that's because the database library isn't
> installed...
>
> So, which file(s) should I install and where ?
> In the 2.1.2 folder, I find the following files :
>     revdb.bundle
>     revdb.dll
>     revdb-Linux
>
> Thanks in advance,
> JB

Hi JB,

You should only need revdb-Linux -- you'll also need
to copy the database driver files for the Linux
platform as well, and make sure to use the
revSetDatabaseDriverPath command at the start of the
cgi script, or add the directories containing the
drivers to the PATH environment variable.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====