'put URL' fails if previous 'put URL' call hasn't finished

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 11 16:46:50 EDT 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 1:31 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> Trevor,
>
> I did a silly as hell semaphore function called SafePut which is just
> a wrapper for put but it checks for a global prior to putting, if the
> global is set then it waits and loop, when the global is unset, it
> does the put url and sets the global. Don't know what happens if the
> put URLs are issued at the same time, I think one should implement a
> Queue data type and goes poping the puts when it's safe... or rev team
> could do that...

Interesting.  I think I will probably do something similar to this.
Right now I just disable the interface element until the put command is
complete but what I would like to do is just cancel the previous put
call.  Basically what you can do with unload.  I will just write a
wrapper that does this.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore