Size limit of table field ?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 6 13:40:07 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Martin Baxter wrote:

> I can confirm that it's true even for a 68k standalone running on
> system 7.6
>
> If you increase the application memory, you can actually make the
> situation
> worse, because it leaves less for the system heap, which is where the
> application is actually getting memory from (as I understand it).
> I was quite vexed by this when I first saw it (but I changed my
> medication
> and have calmed down now;-)
>
> Martin Baxter

So if I understand this if I allocate more memory for my standalone
apps created for classic Mac OS in order to make room for media running
in my standalone I would actually be making less room for my standalone
application and media? Of course I will need to test this. Does the
standalone builder in Mac OS classic running on classic set a proper
memory size for each standalone that it builds?

This is interesting because some users only have 32 meg systems.

Mark