Size limit of table field ?

Martin Baxter martin at materiaprima.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 13:26:44 EDT 2004

I can confirm that it's true even for a 68k standalone running on system 7.6

If you increase the application memory, you can actually make the situation
worse, because it leaves less for the system heap, which is where the
application is actually getting memory from (as I understand it).
I was quite vexed by this when I first saw it (but I changed my medication
and have calmed down now;-)

Martin Baxter