Dates Handled Differently in XP Home?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Oct 4 23:26:51 EDT 2004

>> A followup. We've now had three of my client's customers experience
>> the same issue, all on XP. The code works fine on all other OSes on
>> which it's been tested.
>
> Does your script use the "convert" command? Are these customers
> international? This sounds a little like Sarah's pet bug regarding
> inaccurate time conversions in certain time zones.

As far as I know, my pet bug only happened under OS X, and it's fixed
in 2.5.

What format do you store the dates in? I had some problems with date
comparisons using system dates because we use d/m/y but Rev is
expecting m/d/y. Can you use seconds so you can do a direct
mathematical comparison?

Cheers,
Sarah