Floating Windows

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Oct 3 02:06:49 EDT 2004

At 8:27 PM -0700 10/2/2004, John Boeschen wrote:
>  I want the ability to display multiple floating windows that are
>editable and resizable over any card in a stack . The primary use
>for the windows will be to contain text and lists. I've tried
>scripting this in Dreamcard but haven't succeeded. In Hypercard
>stacks I've scripted, I've used Rinaldi's Textoid and Listoid XCMD's
>to create these floating windows. Is there anything similar for
>Revolution?

Just create the window the way you would any other stack, then set
its style property to "palette". (You can do this in the message box
or script, or in the stack's property inspector.)

A palette window can't be edited in the sense of using the pointer
tool to move objects, etc., but it can have editable text fields and
other objects.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com