On openStack - preopenstack

Christian Langers christian.langers at education.lu
Fri Oct 1 04:48:10 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have project with this structure :

Splash (is engine) - password stack - main window

Here is the script for the splash screen :

on preOpenStack
  set loc of this stack to the screenLoc
end preOpenStack

on checkForScreenSize
  if item 3 of the screenRect < 1024 \
     or item 4 of the screenRect < 768 then
    answer error "This Application requires a 1024x768 or larger screen." \
       with "Sorry"
    quit
  end if
end checkForScreenSize

on openStack
  checkForScreenSize
  play "jingle.aif"
  wait until the sound is done
  close this stack
  palette stack "t1" -- password stack
end openStack

This open first the splash screen which disappeared and then came the
password stack...

Everything worked well until vers 2.5 of revolution.

On OS X (10.3.5.) doing a standalone gives me this behavior when starting :

1. the sound is played
2. the splash screen and the password stack are opened at the same time ;
the sound is played at the same time too...

I did a standalone of this project in OS X for windows : same behavior...

I took my project on windows (virtual PC), did a standalone for PC and it
worked as expected...

Is there a bug in the OS X version of Revolution ? Can somebody confirm this
?

Cheers,

Christian