Application vs. Player

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Nov 30 23:26:05 EST 2004

At 1:03 PM -0700 11/27/04, Nelson Zink wrote:
>How do I get a stack to always open in the Rev application rather than the
>Player? Opening the Rev application first and then a stack seems clumsy. I'd
>like to have all the tools available whenever I open one of my stacks, so
>what I'm talking about is for personal use.

Which platform are you using?

On OS X: choose any stack file in the Finder and choose Get Info from
the File menu. In the Info window, under "Open With", choose the Rev
application and click "Change All".

On classic Mac OS: move the Rev application out of its window, close
the window, then move it back where it belongs. (This usually works.
What you're doing is making that folder more recently modified than
the Player folder, which is how Mac OS prioritizes which app to use.)

I'm not sure how this is done on Windows but maybe one of the Windows
experts will chime in.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com