Reusable Code (again)

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Nov 30 00:14:35 EST 2004

No, it doesn't really work with either globals or constants, although
again, you can fake it with handlers.

Suppose you have a global in the Math stack called "gVar".

You can set it from anywhere using a special handler in the Math stack
script:
on setGlobal newSetting
   global gVar
   put newSetting into gVar
end setGlobal

And then retrive the value at any time:
function readGlobal
   global gVar
   return gVar
end readGlobal

Using the "do" command, you could make these general global setting &
reading handlers but for starters, it's easier to follow this way.

This is a way to get around having to declare the global in every
script where you need it.

Sarah