audio input level

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 27 12:33:11 EST 2004

There are actually two choices that you can make. The "set volume" by
itself  is only for the  "output" volume and does not need to include
the "output volume" part, it can just say set volume X. It is a
shortcut. The longer one is to allow for the input and alert as well as
the output but the output again is for consistency.

The first is:

do "set volume X" as AppleScript
Where X = 0 to 7

7=100
6.5=93
6=86
5.5=78
5=71
4.5=64
4=57
3.5=50
3=43
2.5=36
2=29
1.5=21
1=15
.5=7
0=0

The second is:

do "set volume output volume Y" as AppleScript
Where Y = 0 to 100

Where as input is only:
do "set volume input volume A" as AppleScript
Where A = 0 to 100

And Alert is only:
do "set volume alert volume B" as AppleScript
Where B = 0 to 100

Open up the "Script Editor" and type this in after doing one of the
above in REV.
get volume settings

Example:
In Rev message box put
do "set volume alert volume 50" as AppleScript
Then in Script Editor put
get volume settings

You should get something like this depending on which you did:
{output volume:100, input volume:100, alert volume:50, output
muted:false}

HTH
Tom