audio input level

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Nov 26 13:41:22 EST 2004

Recently, Ken Ray  wrote:

>> Strange, it worked perfectly for me.
>>
>> I just typed that line into the message box in Rev and it worked fine.
>>
>> Did you copy it exactly (the entire line, starting with "do" and
>> ending with "AppleScript" -- that is apparently how you convince Rev to
>> execute something as an AppleScript command...)?
>>
>> For the Script Editor, you would only take the part in quotes, then;
>> just "set volume input volume 100" w/o the quotes.
>>
>> It worked both ways for me.  Any takers on this one?
>
> I tried it too in both places and got errors (from Script Editor: "An
> identifier can't go after this identifier" with "input volume" selected; in
> Rev: "compiler error"). For Script Editor, do you need to "tell" some
> application? Or does there need to be some particular hardware or OSAX
> present? I'm running on OS X 10.3.4...

I tried this as well.  The first time I tried it I swear I got an error.  I
tried again this morning at it seemed to work fine -- no error at all.

>From the msg box I tried:

  do "set volume input volume 50" as applescript

I do recall reading somewhere that for some AppleScripts to work, something
under another control panel needs to be enabled, along the lines of "Enable
access for assistive devices" in the Universal Access panel.  But here, this
checkbox is disabled and the script still works fine.  Hmmm...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design