Corrupted stack

Terry Vogelaar (de Mare) tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Mon Nov 22 23:14:26 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a stack I worked on for several days, but appears to be
corrupted. According to RR, I should try to open the backup file. I
have several from different stages of development, but all give the
same error. It contains a lot of lay-outed text and a few small PNGs in
the file. I suspect the pictures to cause the problem.  I imported the
images in the morning and I saved the stack several times without any
problem (so there is no ~stackname.rev file). Only the stacks cannot be
reopened. That is why all the backup files of that day are corrupted as
well.

I've had corrupted stacks before after importing pictures to them
before when trying to open image-containing stacks on a Windows
machine, so I thought it was just a cross-platform problem (since I am
a Mac OSX user).

Strangely enough, attempt #2 of course didn't contain these pictures,
but also became corrupted.

Is there anything I can do to save some work from these corrupted files?

BTW, the file size became surprisingly large; although it contains
about 10 Mb of data I can think of, the file size is almost 48 Mb.

Terry