Newbie question about image/button relationships

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Nov 22 16:03:27 EST 2004

Oh, no, Scott,

I didn't feel that way at all!  My apologies for having inadvertently
suggested that.

I know well that mine is often perhaps 'the idiot's approach' (or rather
the least possible elegant approach), but if a person is *very* new to
such things, I would guess that it's conceptually more approachable to
place a transparent button over the picture of a button that than to do
things like setting inks to noop and some long handler keeping track of
various coordinates (you can gather that the latter has been a particular
bane of mine in dealing with the sidescroller/irregular object collision
detection--I had to have a long phone conversation with Andrew in which he
explained the functions qua stew pot analogy and how to call the bloody
stew pot to see if it was 'done' yet).

You are most correct in noting the beauty of a language that accomodates
everyone from earnest idiot to seasoned professional.

:-)

Judy