Reading a (BIG) text file one line at a time

Rob Beynon r.beynon at liv.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 15:05:51 EST 2004

Greetings all,
I have failed to discover how to read a file one line at a time. The
file is a text file, and is large (84MB) but I need to process it on a
line by line basis, rather than read the whole file into a field (not
even sure I can!).

I thought of

read from myFile until EOF for one line

but that doesn't work

Help would be greatly appreciated here! Would you be good enough to
mail to my work address, as I have yet to work out how to access the
list effectively

--
All best wishes,
Rob

Prof. Rob Beynon                    |+44 151 794 4312 (voice)
Dept. Veterinary Preclinical        |+44 151 794 4243 (fax)
Sciences, University of Liverpool,
Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ     |mailto:r.beynon at liv.ac.uk