Understanding the Convert Command

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 21 17:49:46 EST 2004

Hello Ken and Mister X,

I'm pretty sure the date and time settings in OS X are correct.  I'm
set for Montreal (EST), and both date and time are updated
automatically over the Internet (Apple Americas).  However, a daylight
savings time problem would explain the problem I'm seeing since we are
now in standard time.  It seems as if the Convert command is drawing on
some system information that is telling it to use daylight savings
time, which is pushing the result one hour ahead.  There is no System
Preference setting that I can find that enables or disables daylight
savings time; I believe that is automatic in Macs based on the location
(e.g., Saskatchewan is on standard time year round) and time zone
information.  Sigh...

	Greg