Revolution Comment

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 20:27:25 EST 2004

>> Some people will love all the new features. Computer professionals,
>> mostly, I'd guess. I'm kind of disappointed. Revolution is a Space
>> Shuttle, and all I need is a hang glider. That's why HC was such a
>> good thing for me in the first place. Why can't we have Revolution
>> Lite, for morons like me?

Tim
My experience coming from Hypercard to Rev was completely the opposite.
  I was awed by how easy it was for someone who knew HC to begin
creating new stacks in Rev.  Within a day, I was happily creating new
stacks and exploring how Rev worked.  And perhaps that explains why my
experience was different from yours--rather than try to convert my old
stacks, I simply started by creating new ones.

The only thing I had trouble getting my head around was how to create
HC-like backgrounds for cards. And, of course, the IDE takes a little
getting used to.

In any event, you might find life easier if you started by creating new
stacks instead of trying to convert old ones.  Then, once you have the
hang of it, you can try the conversions.  Worth considering anyway.

HTH

Marian

BTW, I have yet to get around to converting any of my old stacks, but
that is primarily because they all had color backgrounds so every card
will have to have the addColor routines removed.  No fun.