Announce: New Version of Navigator

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue Nov 16 04:57:21 EST 2004

Some of you know Navigator well. Others have never heard of it. It's a
plugin for Revolution that lets you easily do many things that are
difficult otherwise.

  -- A brief introduction:

Navigator is a tool that lists the controls in your Revolution or
DreamCard project. It's a bit like the Application Browser, but
smaller, faster, and more powerful. Not as pretty, though ;-)

Navigator lets you edit the properties, custom properties, and scripts
of the controls in your project quickly and easily.

Navigator lets you relayer controls simply by dragging and dropping
them in the list.

Navigator lets you easily work with controls that aren't visible, are
hidden offscreen, or nested three layers deep in a group. Navigator
lets you work with any control anywhere.

  -- This Release:

This is the 3.0 alpha release. I'll update the web site when it goes
beta. Until then, those who are interested can download Navigator at
this URL:

http://www.mathfieldday.com/navigator.zip

The documentation is included in Navigator. Select About Navigator on
the Actions menu and scroll down. If you're just curious, the
documentation is also available here:

http://www.mathfieldday.com/navdocs.html

  -- Alpha Software

This is an alpha release. I use Navigator all the time, and it has
worked well for me. In my use it is stable, useful, and non-harmful.
Still, you should always keep backups of your work -- this is a good
idea no matter what tools you use.

  -- New features in 3.0:

New Property List editor lets you edit the properties of the controls
in your project in a simple list, which includes all the properties of
the selected controls.

New commands let you easily rename, clone, or delete the controls in
the list.

Now you can clone Navigator, showing two palettes at once with
different lists.

Now you can search in the scripts of all the objects in the list

Now you can search all the objects in the list for the ones that match
whatever test you devise

New copy and paste commands for controls make it easier than ever to
move controls from one card to another, one stack to another, and
perform other tasks like placing backgrounds, setting icons, setting
windowshapes, etc.

There's much more, listed in the online documentation. Select About
Navigator on the Actions menu, and dig in!

  -- Shareware

Navigator is $20 shareware. If you use it, please register it.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com