Problem with selectedChunk in Windows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 02:28:14 EST 2004

--- "Bruce A. Pokras" <macstacks at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have  a script that uses the selectedchunk to
> locate the cursor in
> a field so that it can add some text at the cursor
> location. This
> works fine in a standalone under Mac OS 9. However,
> it totally fails
> in a Windows standalone.
>
> To test this out, I added an "answer" dialog to tell
> me what the
> selectedChunk was returning. On the Mac, it gave the
> expected "char #
> to # of cd fld x". Under Windows, it returned empty.
> Bugzilla showed
> two "selectedChunk" bugs, but one was for Mac, only,
> and the other
> related to pasting htmlText.
>
> Anyone have a workaround?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce Pokras

Hi Bruce,

Your buttons probably have the 'traversalOn' property
set to true -- on MacOS, buttons do not receive the
eyboard focus, but on Windows they do : when you click
on a button, the previous selection is lost.
The quick solution is to set the 'traversalOn'
property to false for all your buttons.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====