"Label" Field??

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 14:05:53 EST 2004

--- Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "Ralph R. Forehand" <ralf at dol.net> wrote:
> > What is the "Label" Field all about?
> >
> > The documentation is very sketchy about this type
> of
> > field and how to use it.
> >
> > Could someone elaborate on this??
> >
> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Ralph
> >

> Hi Ralph,
>
> A label field is simply a non-editable field that
> doesn't display a border, just its text ; since you
> can't really tell it's a field, it's usually refered
> to as a "label" field

Okay, the last part came out bad : what I meant to say
was that since you can't really tell it's a field,
many developers place it in front of the field that
will actually contain the user-editable data, so it
acts as a label to the field next to it, which is why
it's usually refered to as a "label" field.

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====