How to use sockets?

Frank Engel fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Nov 10 11:29:11 EST 2004

Can't answer that directly, but there is another important difference:

Sockets allow communication between programs when both programs are
already open before establishing the sockets.  Connections can be
arbitrarily created and dropped.

The "process commands" deal with your stack and one program which is
started by the process commands.  With the process commands, you have
one-to-one communication.

  With sockets, you can have one-to-many communication, since a single
"server" program can handle connections from multiple "clients"
simultaneously.