How to access Telnet Port - please help

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 20:34:29 EST 2004

Niva,

use the open socket command to open the connection, use read from
socket (inside a loop) to expect the prompt "username:", use write to
socket command to write the data, use close socket to close the
connection.

It's better to get to know more about Revolution and Transcript while
trying to accomplish such tasks. Your rev copy comes with many
tutorials, you should take your time to do all of them and understand
them, then it's a very good option to buy Dan Shafer's "Revolution,
software in the speed of thought book" which is a very good reading.
This should take your experience further. Getting script examples is
like learning to cook just by executing recipes, you need to learn to
think the Revolution way! :D

Cheers
Andre

On Nov 9, 2004, at 8:32 PM, Abeysekera, Prasanna wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>               Sorry that I made a mistake with the port. Telnet port
> 23 but
> not FTP. Can you help me with a script example. My requirement is to
> open a
> telnet port and then insert the password and enter the user name then
> if
> everything goes well, collect the output from the server to a text
> file.
> For example : if I send a command to the server Send Log, then server
> replies with the log, I want to collect the log on to a text file.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Niva
>

> ---

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL