Check if Standalone is Already Open

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 20:26:11 EST 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 7:11 PM, Derek Bump wrote:

> Any way to check if a standalone is already open in Windows?  And
> then, any way to send data to that standalone via the Windows Shell so
> that the already open program will open the file that the Shell tells
> it to?

I use a token file. I write a token file to the stacks folder with the
time the app is started, the app update this file every 5 seconds, when
the app quits, it deletes the file, when it launches it check for the
presence of the token, if it exists, it check to see if it is more than
5 secs old (this mean that the app force quited an left a stray file),
if it is less then 5 secs old, we have a running instance.

Cheers
andre

> I would like to find a workaround so my users won't end up with 20
> copies of my program running at the same time.
>

> Derek Bump
> Dreamscape Software

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL