Cannot connect to Oracle from IDE

Thomas Gutzmann thomas.gutzmann at gutzmann.com
Tue Nov 9 13:27:08 EST 2004

Hi,

there are some mails regarding "the infamous invalid database type", but they have to do with
stand-alone applications, so I have to ask here:

I have just purchased, downloaded and installed the enterprise version (i.e. including Oracle
access), and i get this error from the IDE.

- by building a query with the query builder
- by entering: put revOpenDatabase("Oracle","s480r212.fr.eu.airbus.corp","dbuta218","user",
"password") into gDatabaseID

It works with PostgreSQL on my local system (MacOS/X), and if I replace "Oracle" by "PostgreSQL",
I get the error message "could not connect to server: Connection refused". That shows that the
problem lies in the Oracle part.

Has anyone of you an idea what might be wrong? Do I have to load any additional resources?

Some facts:

MacOS/X 10.3.6
PostgreSQL 7.4.5 installed locally
Oracle 9.2.0.1 installed locally