Displaying images from MySQL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 00:28:52 EST 2004

--- Paul Kruckewitt <pkruckewitt at travisusd.k12.ca.us>
rote:

> Hi all,
> I am new to Revolution and attempting to read jpeg
> images from a MySQL 4.1 database.  I have
> successfully used Jan Schenkel's excellent example
> using the query builder and I am able to step
> sequentially though the images. I need to access the
> records in a non-sequential fashion.  No problem
> with the text of the records, just the images.   I
> can query MySQL and retrieve the data directly, but
> I can not get the image to display. My target image
> is set to the same size as the original and I
> prepend the *b to the variable name when querying
> the blob.   Any ideas or suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Paul

Hi Paul,

How exactly are you updating the image control ?
The automated query system uses something similar to :
   set the text of image theImage to theImageData

Another important question is : in what format is the
data stored in the image ? Base64 ? Binary ?

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====