Any way to get a "..." into a cell of table?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 09:42:25 EST 2004

--- Timothy Bleiler <bleiler at buffalo.edu> wrote:
> When text exceeds the width of a cell in a table it
> would be nice to
> indicate that there is additional text that can't be
> seen by placing a
> "..." into the last char. I haven't been able to
> figure out any way to
> do this. Anyone out there know how?
>
> Tim Bleiler
> University at Buffalo

Hi Tim,

You could use the 'formattedWidth' function to figure
out how wide a certain chunk of text in a field is,
and then shorten the last 4 chars with "..." until it
fits in the width as set in the tabStops.
Quite a bit of work, but it can be done -- hope this
gets you started,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====