Can Rev get corrupted?

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Fri May 28 23:05:41 EDT 2004

>Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu> asks
>
>Rev's getting wonky on me.
>
>I think I recall that the Home stack in Hypercard could become corrupted.
>Can Rev become corrupted?
>
>I ask because a perfectly usable stack a day ago now crashes whenever I
>try to open the animation builder/manager.
>
>I have just had to force-quit it twice in the space of 3 minutes.

We've had trouble with stacks getting corrupted when saved to a file
server by a user who is over his/her quota.  We're using xinet to
emulate a Mac server on a unix box, and so are able to implement things
like quotas for the file server.  All well and good until the user gets
over the quota, opens a RunRev file, makes changes and saves it.  No
complaint from RunRev or the OS, but the file gets corrupted and pretty
much irrecoverable.

Don't know if this is connected to your problem, but perhaps this
will help shed light.

best,
  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools