mouseWithin vs. ??? w/mouseText

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Fri May 28 10:19:47 EDT 2004

>Message: 6
>Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu>
>Subject: mouseWithin vs. ??? w/mouseText
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Hi,
>
>I've just discovered mouseText and am loving that I don't have to create
>transparent buttons that hopefully align on top of text etc. (my really
>cludgy system).
>
>(snip)
>
>Any suggestions??
>
>Thanks!
>
>Judy

Hi Judy,

Another pedagogical tool which I have found useful is a plug-in which
bring up a pointer to locate the position on the screen of the object
being discussed in the text.

That is, if the text refers to a button or image, the key word in the
text is underlined and colored blue; when the mouse passes over this
descriptive word, a hand appears with a finger pointing to the button
or image refered to in the text.

If you think this would be helpful, try this in the msg box

go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/PointerTool.rev"

To see the pointer in action, click the "Help" button in the Pointer
plug-in and pass the mouse over the blue, underlined word "Return" in
the text field that comes up.

Jim

(This is an update of a previous, very clumsy version. I think I have
finally figured out how to use palettes.)