xp dont like small scrollbars

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu May 27 16:57:52 EDT 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004 Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> (snip)
> 16 pixels is the OS standard size and pretty small at that, at the lower
> threshold of usability.
>
> Is it absolutely necessary that your app have them smaller?  Could there
> be some other change to the layout which could deliver the benefit
> you're looking for without the detriment?
>
> If the IDE provides an option for any smaller size I would post a
> suggestion for its removal to Bugzilla.  On modern high-rez displays 16
> pixels is hard enough to grab.

With Rev 2.2 on WindowsXP both the horizontal and vertical scrollbars
show with a scrollbarwidth of 10 (set from the message box); however the
thumbs disappear.

With the same Rev engine in the Metacard IDE the thumbs indeed show for
scrollbarwidths smaller than 16.

Seems to be the Rev IDE that causes problems here?

I am using the "Windows XP Home" edition.

Wilhelm Sanke