mouseWithin vs. ??? w/mouseText

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu May 27 14:46:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've just discovered mouseText and am loving that I don't have to create
transparent buttons that hopefully align on top of text etc. (my really
cludgy system).

Anyways, I have a question about how best to use it.

I have a text field that contains a mostly regular text but two or three
words that are boldface.  What I'd like to do (and can but not quite
right) is to use the mouseText function such that when the user mouses
over the word in boldface for an additional fld to be shown (sorta like a
tooltip only longer); this field contains a definition or explanation of
the word that is in boldface.

Neither mouseWithin more mouseEnter works quite right.  mouseWithin
continuously checks and thus results in alot of screen flicker; mouseEnter
checks only upon entering the field.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Judy