Application Icons in Mac classic

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Thu May 27 14:34:47 EDT 2004

From: Mark Brownell <gizmotron at earthlink.net>

SNIP
Has anyone successfully created a standalone Mac 9 app with Rev 2.2
that included an icon for the app? I used Iconographer to create
recommended icons and tried to build in Rev 2.2 Mac 10 and native in an
I-Mac 9.0 using Rev 2.2 Classic. In either case I can't get Rev to
accept and show the icon. The standalone builder won't add it properly.
Is this a known bug?

Mark,
I use the lazy method.

1) Copy the icon to the clipboard
2) Cmd "I" the in the Finder
3) select the Icon in the info window
4) Paste the clipboard Icon

The "bndl" packages are set in the resource fork....

Ta da!

Ray

PS I reaeaaly miss the resource fork. As Jobs would say: "One giant step
backward for programmers..."

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.