Application Icons in Mac classic

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 10:01:08 EDT 2004

On Thursday, May 27, 2004, at 12:22  AM, 100mo wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I'm new to Rev 2.2 and I have no experience with its new building
> process.
> But, as a last resort you can use ResEdit to open side by side your
> application and your Iconographer file and copy the latter's resources
> into your app. It works very well...
>
> Be sure to include the 8bit mask resources...
>
> Romain

Thanks,

I've tried that and I think have it almost working. After restarting my
i-mac it only shows the proper icons in some of the open file dialog
windows. I'm still not getting that Rev icon to change and the finder
still shows that Rev icon when the app is running. The standalone
builder creates two icons in the resource file 128 & 129. I replaced
both icons with the same Icon that I needed, leaving them as 128 & 129.
At least I'm getting closer. I was searching for a way to check other
things in the resource to get the new icons working. Searching the
internet only gives me basic instructions that make it so simple yet
something is still not working. I can't believe I've avoided this for
so many years and now trying it out, I must be missing something.

Mark