QuickTime capabilities question (naive response)

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Tue May 25 22:13:42 EDT 2004

"its worse on the pc end since some authoring
systems required a dll only present in one version of quicktime to work.
it created a sitiuation where you had to install the older version of qt
then install the newer version just to get the one old needed dll from
the older qt..."

This was a mess many years ago when we were using Oracle Media Objects;
if I remember correctly there was a "QuickTime Object" that would
function correctly only with a few versions of QT, and not the most
recent versions, either.  I don't miss those days at all!

-KK