Passing variables between Flash and Rev

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Tue May 25 16:33:00 EDT 2004

Ken Ray a *crit :

> The only thing that you *can* do, IMHO, is to launch the Rev app and open a
> socket between the two, pass your information through the socket, and then
> close down Flash.

This is interesting. Has anybody tried that ?

I've always considered Flash (or at least Actionscript)
as a rather poor development tool, but interaction between
Rev & Flash might open new perspectives...

BTW sockets don't have to be opened on a same machine,
right ? So what about opening sockets between a Flash app
running on a webpage and Rev cgi on a distant server ?
Am I completely spacing out ?

Thanks,
JB